About our mail order service
Mail order is an easy and effective way to obtain plants long distance. Petal Faire has been supplying plants via mail order for a number of years. The service is very much a work in progress and we welcome any feedback or suggestions. Please bear in mind that this is an alternative for people who live some distance from the nursery. Johannesburg is not far enough!
It is a priority for us to offer our clients the best quality and for this reason we avoid posting plants that do not travel well.
Plants can be mailed throughout the year but preferably not in conditions of extreme heat or cold. Only well established, well rooted plants will be mailed.
The plants are cut back to enable them to travel well, so they are small and compact upon receipt. It is the customer’s responsibility to collect them promptly and pot them up as quickly as possible, keeping them in a shady spot until they show some growth.
Mail order procedure
- A final invoice including estimated packaging and postage will be sent to you within 7 days of receipt of your order.
- Plants are mailed (usually on a Tuesday) once payment has been received and we have confirmation that someone is available to collect the parcel.
- The plants are couriered using Postnet 2 - 3 day delivery service. We do not arrange "home" deliveries. The tracking number and expected date of arrival are emailed to you once the parcel is on its way. However Postnet should contact you as soon as your parcel arrives. (Hence the importance of your telephone number). You will then collect the parcel at the designated Postnet. We do not arrange "home address" deliveries - we have had too many problems in the past.
- We use Pargo Courier Services ONLY for clients where Postnet do not have a depot. Please note that this is not the most effective option as plants take up to five days to reach their destination.
- PLEASE NOTE: It is very important that we have your cell phone number for the shipping waybill so that Postnet can let you know the moment your parcel arrives.
Important terms and conditions
- Mail orders must be for a minimum of R350 excluding packaging and postage. Postage and packaging is a MINIMUM amount of R150 depending on the size of your order.
- Packaging and postage costs are for the customer’s account.
- Plants will not be mailed before payment has been received. Orders not paid for within 5 days of receipt of final invoice will be cancelled.
- Please no cash deposits. Please contact me if you have a problem with this.
- Someone must be available to collect the plants promptly on the day they reach their destination.