ONLINE PLANT SALES
Our online ordering procedure makes it possible for people who live too far from Pretoria to visit the nursery to acquire what they desire for their gardens. Plants can be couriered throughout the year but we prefer not to do so when it is extremely hot or cold.
If you are not already on our mailing list, we will add you when you place an order. You are welcome to unsubscribe at any time if you don’t wish to receive our monthly newsletter.
How to place and pay for an order
· On the Petal Faire website, click on “Buy Now” to add your plants of choice to your basket, and follow the instructions to submit your order. Note that R350 is the MINIMUM value for online orders.
· Within 7 days of receipt of your order, we will send you a final invoice which includes packaging and courier costs (MINIMUM R150, depending on the size of the order). Please check that all the information on the Invoice is correct.
· Invoices are payable in advance by EFT (no cash or cheque payments on delivery). Please check that all the information on the Invoice is correct.
· Orders not paid for within 5 days of the date of invoicing will be considered cancelled.
How we package the plants
· Orders are made up and couriered once payment has been received (usually on a Tuesday).
· Only well-established, well-rooted plants are shipped. They are taken out of their containers and any excess soil is removed from the roots, after which they are wrapped in newspaper and popped into a plastic bag.
· A small quantity of “shock treatment” is included in the parcel to help your plants recover once they reach you.
How we ship orders
· The Courier Guy door-to-door service to main centres is very quick– overnight to 2 days. We will notify you when they have collected the parcel, and it is imperative to ensure that someone is at home to take receipt of the delivery.
· For smaller centres, we make use of Postnet’s 2-3 day delivery service. We will email a tracking number and the expected date of arrival at your closest Postnet once the parcel is on its way. It is important that your telephone number accompany your order so that you can be contacted by Postnet when your parcel has arrived. However, we recommend that you also follow the delivery online to ensure that your plants are collected as soon as possible.
· We use Pargo for areas where there is not a Postnet outlet, but this is really a last resort and not the best option since parcels can take up to 5 days to reach their destination.
When your plants arrive
· It is your responsibility to collect or receive your plants promptly and pot them up as quickly as possible.
· Please water your plants with the “shock treatment” solution after transplanting.
· Keep them in a shady spot until they show signs of growth.